Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home Early

It really is the little things that can make a "so-so" day absolutely wonderful. I called the husband last night around 5:30 for an expected time home (to plan dinner accordingly). He informed me it would be within the next two hours. That is a good, by the usual standard, so I wasn't complaining, and I figured I had a bit more time to goof off before starting dinner. Silly me, he was home less than thirty minutes later. I still had to run to the grocery store for some supplies, but promptly did so when he came home, and dinner was fantastic. We had scallops, and they turned out amazing. Yes I cooked them, but they were good scallops before I had anything to do with them.

Its these evenings that are nice, and are somewhat reminiscent of the "old days" when we got to spend every evening together, and we were not cramming togetherness time into the few precious hours between the late evenings at work and early bedtimes. This will all be over soon, but I will enjoy it while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!