Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Framed Top



Framed Top
Originally uploaded by alimaui

I am finally done with the top! This was a fantastic pattern from Green Fairy Quilts. It was pretty easy, but it was definately a new experience working with all the biased edges. I do need a little more practice, but I think I will be saying that forever. I am going to put this away for a bit until I can teach my self to do the actual quilting. I do like it though! I don't know what I am going to do with it, but I will worry about that later. I have a couple other projects that I want to start including my Year of Schnibbles. My charm packs finally arrived, but I will have to find a new place to shop for my Schnibbles supplies.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Alicia: tHe way to learn to handquilt is just to go ahead and do it. Actually this type od quilt, because of all the colours and patterns is the ideal quilt top to learn on - it is forgiving of a beginner because it hides any boo boos. Before you know it you will be handquilting like a pro and you will also be building up speed. Just remember that uniformity of stitch size is more important than teeny tiny stitches, and with practice the size will get smaller and smaller. Start with a few minutes a day, every day and gradually work up.
    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!