Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who's Your Daddy? I finally know!

I am proud to announce, that I know who my mother's father was. Well, I don't really know "who" he was, but I know where he was in 1930. He lived on Third Street in Portland, Oregon with his father, mother, sisters Rose and Betty Jean, and brother Richard. He lost his father at the young age of four, and would later be adopted by his stepfather.

My grandfather and grandmother were divorced early in their marriage. I don't know why, they divorced, but he passed away in 2006. At that time, I had not yet begun my genealogy fun, but would soon discover, that finding more information about this man would be very difficult.

I was finally able to get in touch with his sister, Rose. She was gracious, and gave me alot of information about her mother, father, and stepfather. I have since been able to find more information about my grandfather's family. I look forward to future discoveries, as I continue learn more about the many wonderful people who have come together, to make me who I am today.

Its sad to think that in addition to losing a loved one, when a person dies, a window to the past is closed. It takes alot of work to learn more about that person, and their life growing up, getting married, and having children. I am fortunate that both my father's parents and mother's mother is still here, and full of so much life, and able to share their stories with me. I think the one thing that I truly wish for in my golden years will be a memory to recall all the wonderful things I have learned about the many generations that have gone before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!