Sunday, June 15, 2008

Weekend Agenda

Drew had been bugging me all week about wanting to do something fun this weekend. It is one of the only weekends this summer where we will have quality time. I had the grand idea of Six Flags, and Drew thought that would be a great idea also. There happens to be a six flags just about an hour and a half away. So we decided to venture up there. The first thing we discovered- we both had different intentions for the day. We both wanted to bring swimsuits to take advantage of "Hurricane Harbor" the water park inside Six Flags, but my intention was to spend the entire day there. Drew, however, is a roller coaster junkie and wanted to tryout every roller coaster that was preceded by a 73 minute wait time. (I know strange requirements!) We were able to compromise, and did a few of the roller coasters before we entered the water park, with the intention of doing a few more after the water fun was had for the day.

Let me just start off by saying, that although I had a great time, I think it is terribly annoying all the additional things that are required to purchase even after the price. I much prefer the parks where you can pay to get in, whatever that may be, and then everything else included for the day. I understand that food, drinks souvenirs should be separate, and take no issue with those extra charges, but I do not want to pay for a locker for every ride I want to go on.

The weather was almost perfect for most of the day. It was warm, but slightly overcast, which provided a nice sky, and we did not suffer from the overbearing heat which was present for most of the week. It did however start to rain in the afternoon, and the rides were closed for a short while. This, fortunately for us, resulted in a mass exodus of the water park at around 3pm. Unfortunately for me, the only restrooms in the water park were smack in the middle of the mass exodus, and I was forced to wait.

In the end, it was a very nice day. I was able to enjoy it without the worries of the Mack Noodle home alone. Becca, was kind enough to watch him for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!