Friday, August 22, 2008

Celebrations

I love celebrating. There is nothing better than be able to honor a friend, or a great accomplishment! Being in the navy, there are so many great things to celebrate. A great friend came home from deployment this week, and even though it is not my hubby, it is still very sentimental. Its amazing to think how long he has been gone, and how hard it is for his wife to wait, but she is such strong woman, I think she handled her time better than I did, when Drew was gone last year. Us girls though, we stick together during those times, and I was so happy to be there to help her celebrate the boat's return.

Its unfortunate, how schedules work out sometimes. Though our husbands, both great friends have managed to miss each other for the better part of the last two years. They will continue to pass like ships in the night (ha ha, pun intended) until they separate from the navy.

There is such a group mentality in this lifestyle, and I suppose that is one aspect that I truly enjoy. Its nice to have such a great circle of friends, and although everyone has friends, this lifestyle presents so many challenges that so few people on the outside can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!