Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday was a success.

Please don't get me wrong. I did not get up on black Friday with the intention of buying every front page deal on the add. We went out with the intention of buying one 2nd page item. We were successful. The checkout line at target was ridiculous, but my girlfriend managed to save $50 on a toy for her beautiful daughter. I scored a new DVD player ($19.99). I have been on the hunt for a new player since the one in the bedroom decided it was retiring. I really did not want to spend $50-$60 dollars on something like that, and I really didn't even want to spend $30. $19.99 was the right price, and there were fifty or sixty of them there, so no awkward scenes.

A late morning trip to the mall scored a couple cute sweaters at Ann Taylor for 50% off, and I am stocked for my holiday season. I am not sure how useful these sweaters will be when we move to Florida, but I am working to eliminate frumpy sweatshirt days from my wardrobe. It will be good to have sweaters in stock that I can wear from September to March. Sometimes in Florida the weather does dip below 60 degrees.

The sweaters will also serve double duty. In case my purchased jacket for homecoming will not be warm enough, I can always wear one of my fabulous new sweaters under a coat. (The purchased jacket is too light for a very cold day, and too bulky for anything warmer on top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!