Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thoughts of future Thanksgivings

My favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving is Snowy Mashed Potatoes. They are yummy and smooth. And so far I have always been able to just contribute these to the meal. I will be in poor shape on some day in the future when I am responsible for making the entire meal. Do you think the husband will mind if I make just potatoes?

So really now...today I am making a couple things.

I was assigned Potatoes (because my friends know how much I love these) and Apple Dessert. I am going the extra mile to make Candy Bar Fudge Jumbles (think oatmeal cookie, chocolate, an candy bar pieces all mixed up into one delectable dessert. I am also making spinach dip. This is not so bad though, because it is a crock pot dish. It takes about 15 minutes to prep all the ingredients and then it cooks it self.

I am thankful today that I have wonderful family that misses me. I am thankful for friends who invite me to join their family festivities.I am thankful that though my husband is not here to share the meal, he is happy, healthy, and will return home soon. My heart goes out to the many families who will never get to share the holiday with their soldiers or sailors or loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!