Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Artisan Bread in 5?



So this is my bread in 5 minutes per day. Actually, this bread took about 5 hours. In theory, the bread I make tomorrow should only take five minutes. The makings for three additional loaves are in the fridge. The five minutes counts the active time that is required on "baking day."  Prep day is the day that you mix the ingredients, and do the initial rise. No kneading is required. The bread is pretty good for being homemade. In hind sight, I should have used white flour. I only had whole wheat flour. After further research into the book, while it does not discourage the use of wheat flour in the recipe, it does recommend a less than 100% wheat flour mix.

I was unsure if the bread would turn out, so I figured that if I am bringing yummy snacks to K's for Sex and the City....I should bring something that I KNOW tastes good. Spinach dip it is! Spinach dip is a wonderful wonderful thing. It is not good for my attempts for a svelt little figure, but I am still going to eat it.






1 comment:

  1. I love that you only had ww flour in the house! : )
    And OMG that spinach dip looks YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comment love! Thanks for stopping by!